Dine LA 2017: A Showcase of LA’s Best Restaurants
It’s that time of year again, folks! It’s Dine LA 2017! Every foodie’s dream! It’s when all of LA’s best and/or new restaurants get the chance to feature their favorite and most coveted menu items. From January 13 to the 27, participating restaurants have put together prefixed menus for your tasting. All at a fraction of the cost! Prices range from $15-$100 depending on lunch or dinner and type of restaurant. Whether you’re looking for a new place to try for lunch, or somewhere to go on a fancy dinner date, Dine LA is the ultimate experience! Of course, as much as I wish I could try every place on the list (Don’t you?), that just wouldn’t be possible! However, I did take the liberty of listing some of my favorite spots that are participating in our region, right here in Hollywood! I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!
#1 Running Goose
Enjoy sitting on the patio right on Hollywood Boulevard in the midst of the hustle and bustle. The menu has a Central American influence with hints of culinary tastes from around the world. It’s truly a gem!
Lunch $15 Dinner $29
- Cactus Salad with grilled cabbage, radish, queso fresco, pepitas, and Anaheim chili-lime dressing
- Pan roasted salmon with eggplant mole, hominy, green beans, cilantro chimichurri, and lime
- Horchata Creme Brûlée or Spiced Chocolate Bundt Cake
One of my favorites! No matter how many Japanese inspired restaurants Ive tried, nothing ever compares to Katsuya. The chic and sexy interior design will win you over the minute you walk in. Followed by an amazing array of Japanese cuisine (and some of the best sushi around) that you’ll be sure to love! You’ll find yourself wanting to go back for more before your vacation ends!
Lunch $25 Dinner $49
- Crispy rice with Spicy Tuna (What their known for)
- Chef’s selection of Nigiri Sushi and Hand roll
- Assorted Japanese Mochi
Located at the Redbury Hollywood, this restaurant will charm you with its Old Hollywood Glamour style and its delicious Mediterranean cuisine. One of the best Mediterranean restaurants around. This is a can’t miss and a steal!
Dinner only $39
- Hummus & Tahini or Spanakopita
- Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with caramelized honey, castelvatrano, and chickpeas
- Baklava with yogurt gelato
#4 Rao’s Hollywood
Italian food at its best. Rao’s is as authentic as Italian gets! They’ve been around since 1896 serving their traditional Southern Neapolitan Italian recipes. Their New York location is “celebrated as one of the countries’ oldest family owned and operated restaurants running in its original location.” Now, they’re serving it up in Las Vegas and Hollywood too! Enjoy family style dining and leave feeling extremely satisfied and FULL!
Dinner only $49
- Meatballs-Ground beef, pork, veal, and seasoned breadcrumbs
- Spaghetti Aglio Olio with garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and parsley
- Eggplant Parmesan-Breaded and fried with marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, and basil
If you’re looking to eat like royalty and dine at one of the finest restaurants, this is the place for you! Exceptional seafood with exceptional service! You can’t go wrong here. It’s the PERFECT date night with your special someone.
Dinner only $95
- Striped Bass with winter vegetables and truffle bouillon
- Liberty Farms Duck with celery root, pear, and chamomile
And don’t forget to stay at The Dixie Hollywood whenever you’re in the area!